movies I've seen lately

         1. Roman Holiday

        Yesterday I saw a documentary about Audrey Hepburn and I was a little bit ashamed that I hadn't known before what a beautiful person she was. So now I'm going through a Hepburn phase. It's normal, isn't it?

          
         I loved 'Roman Holiday'. It had everything I expect from a movie: humor, great actors, smart lines. It was just amazing.

         my favourite quote:  "The best thing I know is to do exactly what you wish for a while."   

         my rating: 9/10


         2. Manhattan       

            Woody Allen is one of my favourite actors/writers. And the fact that Diane Keaton also acts made 'Manhattan' one of my must-sees.

             
            As I expected it, the movie didn't let me down. Allen was as brilliant as ever and the whole thing made me feel the air of the city.

           my favourite quotes: "This is so antiseptic. It's empty. Why do you think this is funny? You're going by audience reaction? This is an audience that's raised on television, their standards have been systematically lowered over the years. These guys sit in front of their sets and the gamma rays eat the white cells of their brains out!"      

                       "They probably sit around on the floor with wine and cheese, and mispronounce allegorical and didacticism."

                        "My analyst warned me, but you were so beautiful I got another analyst."

             my rating: 9/10


         3. The apartment

            'The apartment' was on many of my movie lists. So last week I decided it was time to watch it.

            
             I really liked it. It made me laugh and then feel sorry for the main character. It also made me realize movies nowadays are too superficial. I know, you may say that's a big cliché, but it's true. Maybe that's why 'The Artist' got all the big Oscars this year: people need to return to a time of sensitivity, they need to be able to have less and feel more.

              my favourite quotes: "When you're in love with a married man, you shouldn't wear mascara."      

                         "Ya know, I used to live like Robinson Crusoe; I mean, shipwrecked among 8 million people. And then one day I saw a footprint in the sand, and there you were."     

               my rating: 8/10


                                                               *

       As a bonus: I love this photo of Audrey too much to keep it away from you.

                                        while filming 'Roman Holiday'           

No comments:

Post a Comment